Thursday, June 25, 2009

Suggested reading....

I recently read a book that my mother had given me about 5 months ago. I had put it away in the "I'll read this one day" file and forgot about it. Last weekend I was moving around a few things in my room and came upon the book again. The Shack by William P. Young. It took me 3 days to read it cover to cover.
This story would alternately have me giggling, crying and scratching my head in confusion. It presents a relationship with God in a way I never imagined. The author intended this to be a story for his children, not theology, as I understand it. Whatever the reason I am glad it was written. It made me think, wonder, question many things I thought I knew. Whether you are interested in the authors thoughts on God or just a very interesting tale it is worth the time in reading, in my oh so humble opinion. I have decided I will need to read through it a second time to make sure I got everything....the first time I got so caught up in the story I rushed to get to the end and find out what happens, I didn't retain some of the new ideas presented.
If I find any other books, music, websites etc. that catch my eye, I will share them.....and you can share you thoughts on them with me, or suggest some interesting books, websites etc. I could pick up.

On a totally different subject, I am going to Hot Springs with my Mother and both of my Grandmothers tomorrow. If our conversation of tonight (regarding whether or not a chicken (rooster??)has a penis, as well as the species mating habits.....very funny and enlightening, thanks Mom) is any indication of what tomorrow may bring it should be a very interesting day.....I will try to blog about our outing tomorrow.
Happy reading.
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment