Friday, April 17, 2009

Turning 2

The 14th was my baby's second birthday...*sniffle*...I can hardly believe it has already been 2 years since I gave birth to her..I mean I remember it like it was yesterday...My epidural didn't work and it hurt like hell!!

She had a hello kitty party...because I like hello kitty and soon she will be old enough to choose what she wants...I am too old to have a theme party for myself *sigh* we lose so many things when we grow up...Nap time being the one I mourn the most.
Anyway....back to my baby. We made cake pops. Have you ever seen or made them? They turned out fabulous...but I am sooo very glad we did a test run a few weeks before her party...










Guess which one was from our first batch...

We did still have a few kittens that didn't quite turn out...we affectionately referred to them as Hello Kitty's mentally challenged cousins....









They tasted just as good though! We do not discriminate in my house!

I also made a cake..which I think turned out pretty good...seeing as I am in no way a culinary mastermind...or even an above average cook...I have no illusions about my lack of expertise in this area (but I do like to blame it on the fact I don't have much time to hone my talent)




















All in all I think she enjoyed her party.....














I am already brainstorming for next year...hmmm... I am sure she will love what ever I choose...I can make her think she does anyway, if only for 1 more year...because I have learned from my first born that once they turn 3 they pretty much know everything...and think they should get exactly what they want...I just can't wait! (can you hear the sarcasm?) Is it sad that I am living vicariously through my 2 year old daughter??............I didn't think so.

*No animals were harmed in the making/planning of this party/blog...thank you

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment