Sunday, April 26, 2009

Freedom

I in no way want this to seem like I am ungrateful or tired of my parents (I am very grateful for them and everything they have done for me over the past few months), but....I just found somewhere to rent! I can hardly contain my excitement!

Now I assumed that I would move into town where I work and everything would just move along from there. My parents live about 25 minutes out from my office....it is pretty rural if ya know what I mean. I have nothing against rural...I just automatically thought I would live in town....Wong. The place I have just paid the deposit and first months rent on today is in the middle of a pasture.......behind my landlords house......on a farm.
Yes...on a farm. Like there are cows 20 feet from my front door kinda farm. The land lady was kind enough to inform me ahead of time that I will get manure on my car. Ummm...ok I guess? Now the yard is fenced so I am hoping that I will not open my door and step out into a giant pile of fertilizer anytime soon..or ever...but I will be sure to keep you all updated on how that goes.

I will now be only about 10-15 minutes from work and 10 minutes from Mom and Dad so it works well. The house itself is tiny and old...but I am gonna paint and make it cute. I will take the time to put up some pictures later on. I will say that the view from my kitchen window is.........magnificent! I'll put up a pic of that too....the house is in a valley with mountains at the back *sigh* That alone is worth moving into an old farmhouse.
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment