Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day of pampering...continued

Well I finally went back for my massage this Friday.....I know I must be crazy right?? But I made it out alive. Now before I go into the massage itself I would like to discuss my fear......of undressing and remaining naked (even if covered by a sheet) in front of someone I don't know. Having children, breast feeding, years in an unhappy marriage (gained weight) and filing for divorce (gained more weight) have left my body a little.......depressed (I apologize to any males who happen upon my blog...very sorry), but I think even if I had a perfect body this would still freak me out. Is it just me??
The massage lady was very friendly, trying to put me at ease as I was a massage virgin. She explained how she would work and the order of areas she would massage. At one point she stated that the abdomen was an optional area....Ummmm..NO! She said she didn't have it done herself because she had kids and stretch marks and she was self conscious....I have to say she was like 5'4 and 110 lbs (not saying she cant be self conscious) but I wanted to say..Thanks hun, but I don't really think you can relate. But being the peaceable soul I am, I just politely declined having my tummy rubbed.
The MT stepped out so I could undress and get comfortable..yeah right. I undressed as quickly as I could, ripping clothes off and throwing them into a pile on the bench, my eyes locked on the door the entire time. I jumped onto the table and quickly covered with the sheet...I'm sure I set some kind of record.

I was so nervous about the sheet slipping or sliding and some random part of my body popping into view that it took me awhile to relax and enjoy the massage. I started on my back and she was working her way from head to toe...as she lifted my arms to massage I suddenly thought......Did all the running about getting undressed and freaking out about being nude make me all sweaty and gross?? God I hope not....I would be sooo embarrassed. I prayed through out the whole first half of the massage that she wouldn't accidentally pull the sheet to far over, that I wasn't sweating a river and that my feet didn't smell. Once we got to the point were I could lay on my tummy I was finally able to relax and enjoy.

Despite the horror of my last visit to the salon *shudder* and my fear of flashing the poor woman I think it was worth braving....and maybe I will be able to go back..as long as I keep seeing the same lady...I may be comfortable enough in a few or 20 eons to enjoy the whole experience.
Krista

1 comment:

  1. i dont blam you i dont like to get undress in front off people Krista because i have got FAT

    ReplyDelete