Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ahhh, serenity.......

Nap time.........*sigh* I just love those words.
I look forward to this 2 hour slice of serenity everyday.
Those of you with children, particularly between the ages of 1-6, know what I'm talkin about.
It is the only time of the day between 7 am and 9 pm that there is anything remotely resembling quiet in my house......in my life for that matter.
Now this time can be used for anything......washing dishes, folding clothes, catching up on housework (ha!)
Usually I either sit around munching on Cheetos or chocolate (whichever is available) and watch something absolutely vital on television or read a cheesy romance novel...or, as I am doing today, playing on the Internet.
Don't get me wrong...I love my very active and raucous children, but nap time is as much for mommy's to regain sanity and self-control as it is for kids to recharge their batteries. All in all it makes everyone feel refreshed and ready to take on the rest of the day.
I am hoping by the time my children get too old for nap time I will no longer require it to make it through some days....and If I find I do....well they have to do what I say til they are 18 right...and if I want my 14 and 17 year old to nap because I am tired, or upset or just because I say so....then nap they will!!
I do realize that I may be living with delusions about the future, but hey...it makes me feel better for today, so leave me with my fantasy please.
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment