Monday, January 18, 2010

Polish chicken 'n dumplings and 7 pounds...

Well, I have been continuing my journey in the culinary arts. Last week I wanted to try a new version of an old favorite...so I found a recipe online for Polish chicken and dumplings. These are a little more dense then some dumplings but turned out well. (I have pictures...somewhere)
Colin did say that we would have to make them again sometime...and there was no dicing of chicken thighs involved so all in all it went smoothly. 
Now if I am going to really bring you in on this journey I must tell you that I also made (attempted) a recipe for what was supposed to be awesome mac'n cheese. I did not really care for the final product, Colin loved it...so it was a toss up. I really think my 5 year old would "love" anything with cheese on it so I am not taking his opinion on this dish too seriously. Probably not one I will try again. *sigh* I guess they can't all be winners. (although I don't know if it was the recipe or Me that caused the failure of this meal...I'm gonna go with the recipe)

Now onto my other resolution...as of last Thursday (I weigh at work on thursdays) I had lost 7 lbs!!  wohoo! I am hoping to continue this trend..and I will keep you updated (as if you care) on any loss....ugh or gain. I would also welcome any advice related to weight loss and any great recipes I should try.

In the meantime I will be praying that I continue to decrease the size of my waist (among other things), for successful meals, a clean kitchen, quiet children (oh please Lord) and my entire families intestinal fortitude as I continue on my cooking quest.
Amen
K

1 comment:

  1. I can not beliieve you wrotre this!

    Look into my web page sexercise classess - blogspot.com -

    ReplyDelete