Saturday, January 2, 2010

New years resolutions

Do you resolve to start something new, or quit something unhealthy after the first?
I do (*sigh* maybe I will keep them this time), and mine for this year are:
To spend more time with my kids playing games and doing things that they enjoy.
To eat better, eat less and exercise...I have had this as a resolution for about 5 years...it's not looking good.
And to take more time to learn new things, things I think I would enjoy that I have never made time to do before...like learning to cook well, maybe to paint or draw, do pottery of some sort, write...I have decided I am going to learn to cook for sure....I have not decided from among the others which I will make time to do.

My journey from mediocre cook to Queen of Cuisine (Hopefully) will begin tonight...I am making chicken linguine.......I'll try to keep you up to date on all the highs and lows, catastrophes, messes, hours of cleaning and possibly crying, and critiques from family including my children.....whose input will probably be either..."mmmm that's yummy"  or "oh gross Mom, do I have to eat that?"
Stay tuned
K

No comments:

Post a Comment