Saturday, December 26, 2009

You'll shoot your eye out kid...

This is the Christmas gift my father bought for my son:

Yes, he bought my kindergartner a BB gun. Now, my father swears he asked me about this before purchasing the gift....I do not recall this supposed conversation, so when I brought up the need for parental consent the conversation went something like this:
Dad: I asked you and you said yes.
Me: No.....you did not.
Dad: Yes, I did
Me: NO you DID NOT!
Dad: YES I DID!
(we always handle disagreements in a very adult manner)
Me: I don't think so
Dad: I mentioned it a few months ago and you said sure.
Me:......SURE?! that means yeah right, sure, uh huh...as in he is only 5, maybe when hes older.

Jeez, can't people read between the lines??
Well its done now and Colin loves his gift. I will also say that my Dad is very careful, teaching Colin all the rules and safety related to using a BB gun, and he will not allow him to use it unsupervised.


*Sigh* I just hope this does not lead to any ER visits....and if my father ends up with BB's in his hind end I will try my darndest not to say...I told you soooo.
Love you Dad
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment