Saturday, March 7, 2009

Outings with my Children are never boring

Yesterday was my Son's 5th Birthday. Now we had his party last weekend so his dad could be there, but he wanted to go spend his b-day money and go to the park. We loaded up and off we went. All in all we had a good time and here are a few highlights for your reading enjoyment:

On our way to the park we passed a Taco Bell and KFC in the same building, upon seeing this Colin shouted "hey mom, there's a Chicken Bell! Can we go there?"

While at McDonald's for lunch (we decided to fore go chicken bell) Colin asked if i could open his toy, but that i did not need to read the sextructions to him, because he already knew how it worked. This does worry me a little.

While frolicking in the park (i love that word...frolicking ha) Colin called out look mom while pointing to a few birds on the ground under a tree. Before i could finish my sentence of "oh yeah look at..... he took off running, screaming at the poor birds "Come here birds, I'm gonna stomp on you! Come back here!" Now my 2 year old seeing her big brother enjoying him self, quickly entered the fray chasing the terrified birds all over the park. Taking pity on the fowl i loaded up my heathens and headed home. I am grateful there was no one else in the park to witness my child's outburst as I'm sure they would be thinking...what must go on in the home that produces a child like that.

And finally, Colin's quote of the day: While talking to his Grandmother and I, I noticed him grabbing the front of his pants, you know how men do sometimes, and asked what seemed the logical question: Do you need to potty? "No, my bottom(referring to his male anatomy) was just sticking to my leg." Well, there you have it! Maybe he is getting old enough I can explain that honesty is not ALWAYS the best policy.

A few picture of our outing:

Who takes their children to the park on a day like this?......I do


























































This is in no way a reflection of my driving.
Krista

1 comment:

  1. Mamaw love his creativity- it's hereditary you know!

    ReplyDelete