Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pterodactyls in my tummy

I went for a job interview yesterday and was called back an offered the position within 2 hours...I'm just that good (kidding). But now I am sitting here thinking about the fact that I am starting a new job tomorrow and I feel like I have pterodactyls flapping wildly in my tummy. Any time I begin something new and unknown it always freaks me out a little. All the embarrassing on the job stories I have heard revolve unwanted in my brain. What if.......

I oversleep and have to run around like a lunatic to get ready, race there and get a ticket on the way (that would be my bad luck) and am dismissed from my new position before it has begun because I am punctually challenged. (is punctually a word?)

I arrive at work and suddenly realize while I have on my top I have somehow forgotten my pants....you know you have had this dream, It is terrifying. Just thinking about this possibility makes my stomach ache.

I find once I get there that I have forgotten everything I learned in college and at my previous jobs and just stand around looking like a ninny saying uhhh, ummm and yea alot. I seem to become inarticulate when I'm flustered.

These scenarios and so many more could happen!! Do you think I could be overreacting?......me neither.

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment